Sunday, 20 June 2010

Nappies!

I'm a bit late posting this but Munchkin is visting her Grandparents so I finally have more than two and half seconds peace!

On Wednesday I went to the inaugral Warrington cloth nappy meet. I can tell that it's going to be very bad for my bank balance! (Not as bad as the sling meets obviously but still enough to make my bank manager weep a little into his Christmas bonus!) Celia made a new friend who she followed like a little puppy, I got to talk slings and nappies and breastfeeding (plus tending to bumped knees, spilt sandwiches and bruised egos!) and a lovely time was had by all!

Plus, I made a new friend too! Lisa, from birth 2 potty, she is to cloth nappies what, well, a very clever person is to the subject they're being very clever about! She's opening a shop in Leigh selling cloth nappies, (hopefully I'll shoehorn some of my slings in there! *beam*) and is planning on holding a sling meet in there! Perhaps I should write to my bank manager and warn him now... ;-)


She's been instrumental in persuading Wigan and Lancashire councils to offer a good cloth nappy scheme, hopefully we can persaude St Helens council to do the same!

Oh yes, this is a slingy blog, on Wednesday I mostly used a Slinglings pouch sling, I nearly didn't take one but I chucked that in as a just in case, and was very glad I did as the walk from the car to the venue involved rather a busy road!

No comments:

Post a Comment