Monday, 10 May 2010

My back

Today I went to see my business mentor lady, she told me she wished she'd known about slings when her children were small but that she didn't think she'd be able to carry them for long. So I told her the story of my very silly back.

Before I was pregnant I'd occasionally get spectacular back pain. All the muscles in my back (and consequently in my chest) would cramp up and just stay like that sometimes for three days at a time. It was so painful even a double dose of painkillers (this was prescribed by my doctor btw, as a one time thing to get me through my wedding! It was not fun!) didn't make a dent in it.

Then I had a Celia. And I've only had proper back pain once since she was born and that was before I'd started wearing her! I really beleive that babywearing has helped my back.

I do look after it though, I almost always do two shoulder carries and I pick my slings carefully to provide the most support. I started with a wrapsody, (which I loved and still miss using!) then moved to a mei tai very similar to a Kozy. Now I generally use a Storchenwiege for long journeys and a Connecta for short. So far, touch wood, my back has been ok! I best keep everything crossed now though!

No comments:

Post a Comment